With restrictions easing from 12pm today, we will be able to return to a very near normal at Aspley Bowl. We would like to thank everyone in the ATPB community for their patience and understanding of the COVID protocols that we have had in place the last couple of weeks.
Our main priority is to ensure the highest of safety measures for all our wonderful customers and staff and while things are looking up, there are still some things that are required to take place if you are attending the centre:
* Customers are still required to sign in on arrival
* Social distancing is still required to be adhered to in non play areas. This includes the concourse, party rooms and arcade area.
* If you are feeling unwell or showing signs of COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend. Get tested and stay at home.
* Regular hand washing and use of hand sanitizer is highly recommended.
That being said, some of the changes coming in as of today are as follows:
* Online bookings and walk-ins will now be permitted from 12pm today (we still recommend booking ahead however)
* Spectators and guests will be allowed to enter the centre.
* Allowable customer limits per lane and in the centre at the same time have been lifted, however some limits will still apply.
* Session time bookings have now been removed and we have returned to regular booking times and pricing/packages.
* School holiday deal is now available from 12pm today (check out website and Facebook page for more information).
* Most leagues will be able to return to their normal start times and bowlers will be able to enter at normal times.
* Arcade and party rooms will still have limits on number of allowable patrons to be in those areas at the same time.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns about our COVID-safe practices, or if you would like to make a booking, please call us at 3263 8848.
Once again, thank you to everyone for their support and understanding during the past few weeks. Unfortunately we are not completely out of the woods as yet, and we still have a long way to go. Stay safe out there - we can get through this together.
We know you can't wait to get back to bowling. We are working extremely hard to have everything set up and COVID-friendly for you for when you return. Whether you are a league bowler or a social visitor, we can't wait to see you back.
The next few weeks will be a different and somewhat difficult time for everyone. There will be a number of new processes in place, some of which will take a little bit of time of adjust to. We are also progressively getting in contact with our league bowlers and committees to discuss a timeframe for your league to return. Please note that some of these changes may affect your league start times and return dates. We will confirm your return dates in the coming days - watch this space for all the info.
Some of the processes and changes you will notice on return will be as follows:
* All bowlers & guests will be temperature scanned on arrival
* All bowlers & guests will have their details registered with the centre on arrival, in accordance to the government's data keeping policy.
* Hand sanitising stations will be set up around the centre and frequent hand washing will be encouraged.
* League bowlers will only be able to enter the centre no more than 15 minutes prior to their league start time.
* No spectators will be welcome during any league or social sessions. Only participants will be allowed to enter.
* Bookings are required to attend during social & practice play times. No walk-ins allowed and bookings will only be taken via phone.
* Bowlers will be required to leave the centre once their session / league play has finished.
* Centre will be closed after each session time for cleaning and disinfecting purposes.
Most importantly, if you are feeling unwell or are experiencing a fever, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND! League bowlers are reminded that pre-bowling and the use of a roving substitute are other options available if you do not feel comfortable or are unable to attend your league.
Please be aware that while some of these changes may seem silly and pointless to some, these are absolutely vital to be able to provide a safe and healthy environment for all of our wonderful Aspley 10 Pin Bowl community. Some of these changes may only be a temporary measure as things start to ease, but we ask that you adhere to the new rules and centre directives, so that we can all get back to enjoying bowling.
We understand that some bowlers may have concerns about the new procedures or coming back soon. Please feel free to contact me at the Centre anytime, as I will be happy to hear from you. There have been a high number of calls in recent days, so if you have tried to contact us, we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Thank you for taking the time to read this message. We look forward to seeing everyone back as soon as possible. Remember that we are all in this together
Save the date:
**Re-opening Friday 19th June**
We will provide more details in the coming weeks. Thank you to everyone for your ongoing support. See you soon!!
In light of the recent Australian Government announcement that all indoor sporting facilities are to close, we sadly regret to inform everyone that we will be closing the centre from noon today for the foreseeable future.
We thank everyone for their support and patience during these difficult times, but the health and safety of all of our customers comes first.
We will be in contact with all bowlers, and any birthday and group bookings in the coming days to provide further updates.
For now, stay safe and look out for your family, friends and neighbours.
Stick together and we'll make it through.
In light of recent changes due to the current situation surrounding COVID-19, we have had to make some tough decisions in regards to leagues and league bowlers visiting our centre.
Again, I do want to say that we are currently business as normal. We are still open for trade. We have increased our cleaning methods and practices to provide a safer environment for our customers and hope that you can still support us during these difficult times where possible.
In reference to the Australian Government's decision to limit the capacity of indoor events to 100 guests max., we have been forced to undertake a review of our Saturday morning trade, our busiest day, effective immediately.
After consultation between league co-ordinators and staff, we have come to the difficult decision that the Kingpins and Mighty Bowlers leagues will bowl fortnightly for the foreseeable future as of this weekend. The Kingpins league will be going ahead this week, 21st March, while Mighty Bowlers has been postponed until next Saturday, 28th March.
The Challengers league will still go ahead, albeit in a reduced capacity.
If you have any concerns about whether your child/client should still be bowling or not, please feel free to contact me anytime. Please let it be known that no one is forcing or pressuring anyone to bowl in these uncertain times, and it is also recommended to stay at home if you or your child/client is feeling unwell. The health and well-being of all of our ATPB community is our highest priority.
Centre Manager - Aspley 10 Pin Bowl
ORIGINAL UPDATE: 18/03/20
To our loyal ATPB customers,
In light of recent times and issues surrounding the ongoing threat of COVID-19, we would like to re-assure all of our customers that we continually monitoring and assessing the situation in front of us. We are currently business as usual and the doors remain open, however we are aware that this could change at any moment.
In the event that the centre is forced to temporarily close, our first priority will be to get in contact with our league bowlers, bookings, and other regular customers and inform you of any changes. We will be recommending that all bowlers ensure their contact details are correct with us when you visit, so that we can keep you informed.
In the meantime, while it is business as usual, we are also being serious about our general cleaning and hygiene practices. All tables, benches, scoring consoles, ball returns, door handles, video games, ATM and other common surfaces are being regularly cleaned and sanitized to help prevent the unnecessary spread of germs. If anyone is feeling unwell, or if you are genuinely concerned about being out in public, we also recommend that you do not attend our facility.
For the league bowlers, there are extra measures in place to assist with your well-being and safety. We have implemented a ‘lock-out’ policy with the scoring consoles to prevent any unnecessary contact with surfaces. Score corrections and other changes required can be done at Reception in a respectful manner. Ball returns and reset buttons are also being regularly cleaned, however please inform us if you feel uncomfortable utilizing this feature, and we will be happy to sort it out for you. We also recommend no high fives, handshakes, or other unnecessary contact with others.
There are other options available for our league bowlers in the event you wish to not attend your weekly league. Please call the centre if you wish to discuss, but this may include the option to pre-bowl during quiet times for example, or organizing for a substitute. to bowl in your place.
During this time, we also recommend utilizing contactless payment methods (ie. Credit card, phone/watch, etc.) instead of using cash.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us at the centre and we will be happy to discuss this with you. In the meantime, we look forward to being here to help provide a means of fun and enjoyment and an escape from the issues in the world today.
Centre Manager - Aspley 10 Pin Bowl